none
Deploy Server 2016 hyperv from template

Question

• Hi

i have created a vhdx file with Server 2016 Standard and it's sysprepped, a HW profile, a OS profile and a template based on those settings.

if i right click on the template, select deploy new virtual machine, i have a running server 2016 in 5-10 min.

BUT it's stuck on 97% in the scvmm console, because it's waiting for the vm to shutdown. When i connect to the vm, it have the logon screen and it ready for use, so i dont want to make a shutdown, it's not necessary for me, but it' necessary for scvmm to get 100% done. How can i solve this?

Friday, March 17, 2017 12:20 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Usually, this is caused by an uncompleted action for some reason.

After waiting for a long time, the action should send a completion or failure, such as a dialog, and the next step can happen.

You can check the application profile for the template, which may include the action.

Best regards,
    Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 1:43 AM
  • I dont think so. I use vm template and not service template, so dont have application or sql profiles.

And my os profile it's filled correctly. The error os following

Error (23343)

The shut down action on virtual machine '%vmanme%' timed out in host '%hostname%' after waiting for 60 minutes. This could be due to some ongoing operating system updates.

Recommended Action

Verify that the virtual machine is online, and then run the command again.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 9:33 AM
  • Hello,

Could you please check if there is any error messages for VM shutdown operation on the Hyper-V host?

By using Event Viewer, you should find the log messages for shutdown operation at Applications and Services logs > Microsoft > Windows > Hyper-V-Worker > Admin.

In addition, you can also log in to VM to see if there is any pop-up dialog. It's better if you can analyze the error messages by using event viewer in the VM.

Best regards,
    Andy Liu 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 10:03 AM