Firewall setting RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I'm using Windows Server 2003 as a server (PAS and PDS).

I've set the firewall on, and also add exceptions for PAS in port no. 80 and PDS in port no. 81.

User can then view the dashboard via website for a while (about 1 hr.). After that, it's appear an error like it can't connect to PDS. (user still can connect to PAS but can view any chart or table.)

I fix this problem by set firewall Off and allow user to view again. it's work. I then set firewall On again. and it's work again, for a while .

Have I done any wrong setting? or could you tell me what's the correct thing. Please help. Thanks a lot.
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 7:46 AM

All replies

• Hi, it sounds like some sort of timeout on the firewall or some type of filter kicking on.  What type of firewall is it?  If you run a netmon trace on the client and the IIS server you should be able to determine what's being blocked.  It's really tough to say what it could be without more information on the equipment and configuration.
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, April 3, 2009 9:03 PM