URGENT Strange formatting on word, please help! RRS feed

• Question

• Please can someone explain why the formatting of my references have changed? All my in-text references have large blue brackets and I can't remove them?

Please help! My "bibliography" section has a label beside it saying "bibliographies" before the heading. I am unable to upload a photo until my account has been verified.

Thank you,

Michaela

Saturday, September 1, 2018 10:01 AM

All replies

• Go to the Controls panel on the Ribbon's Developer Tab and click on 'Design Mode' to deactivate it.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

• Proposed as answer by Charles Kenyon Saturday, September 1, 2018 11:38 AM
    Saturday, September 1, 2018 11:31 AM
  • As macropod stated, you are in "Design Mode." Here are instructions about the Developer Tab.

Apparently, some sort of switching to Design Mode is being caused by a recent update and is catching a lot of Word users who didn't know Design Mode existed. Microsoft is investigating the problem according to recent posts.

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

• Proposed as answer by Charles Kenyon Saturday, September 1, 2018 11:41 AM
    Saturday, September 1, 2018 11:41 AM
  • Hello,

Any update here? Have you solved the problem? Is my answer helpful to you?

I'm looking forward to your response. If you have any additions, or update, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Herb Gu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Microsoft Team

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams
    Monday, September 10, 2018 10:01 AM
  • Hi,

This thread has been around for a long time.Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.Please help us close the thread.

Thank you for understanding! If you have any question, or update, please feel free to let me know.
    Best Regards,
    Herb Gu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Microsoft Team

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams
    Monday, September 17, 2018 10:31 AM
  • Hi,

This thread has been around for a long time.Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.Please help us close the thread.

Thank you for understanding! If you have any question, or update, please feel free to let me know.
    Best Regards,
    Herb Gu

Microsoft Team

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 3:49 AM