I have same email ID on two different servers. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have two email IDs on two different servers. One is info@treasure-orbit.com at exchange server from Microsoft and the other one with the same email address I have it on my own server treasure-orbit.com. The reason I created the second email ID on my own server is because I was not getting emails from my website which is build on wordpress if I change the email address on my websites the emails were working fine with every email I put there.

Now if I send any email to info@treasure-orbit.com I get it on the email registered with the exchange server but if I enquire anything from my website forms I don't get those emails on my exchange server email. Rather I get those emails on my email ID on treasure-orbit.com server. And I don't get any other emails on the email on this server.

Can you help me to make emails to the exchange server from my website. I have tried changing it to smtp and php function also and wordpress default also, nothing seems to be working.

Thanks!

Monday, December 11, 2017 12:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Dheeraj,

From your description, I understand you want to send emails from your website to the user on Exchange server. Please correct me if I misunderstood you.

To make Exchange server receive emails, a receive connector is required. You can configure it to use anonymous authentication and restrict it to receive emails from a specific IP ranges. If you want an external relay, you will also need to run: Get-ReceiveConnector "Relay connector" | Add-ADPermission -User 'NT AUTHORITY\Anonymous Logon' -ExtendedRights MS-Exch-SMTP-Accept-Any-Recipient.

About how to configure WordPress, refer to: https://wordpress.org/plugins/configure-smtp/#description. Make sure you have created DNS record to resolve the host to the Exchange server.

Regards,

Alex

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alex Sun MS Friday, December 15, 2017 2:09 AM
    Tuesday, December 12, 2017 6:56 AM
  • if the MX records of this domain are pointing to exchange on cloud, you will not receive emails on your local exchange if it has different MX.

you can provide website developers with your exchange server IP as smarthost or smtp server and allow their IP in receive connector so that you can receive them

Thanks & Regards Ramandeep Singh

• Proposed as answer by Alex Sun MS Friday, December 15, 2017 2:10 AM
    Wednesday, December 13, 2017 11:48 AM
  • Hi,

Any update about your issue?
    If above suggestion is useful, please be free to mark it as answer. Thanks.

Regards,
    Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 2:01 PM