Removing Exchange 2010 contacts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We sold off part of our business a while ago and all of the contacts from the old company are still listed in our current Exchange environment. When I try to remove any of them I get the following error;

--------------------------------------------------------
    Microsoft Exchange Error
    Action 'Remove' could not be performed on object 'Angie Walkerden - Milliken'.

Angie Walkerden - Milliken
    Failed
    Error:
    Could not find any available Domain Controller in domain DC=ontera,DC=com,DC=au.

OK

How can I go about removing these old contacts from our Exchange environment?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Monday, August 8, 2016 4:17 AM

Answers

• That would be a problem because contacts aren't in Exchange, they're in Active Directory.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Thursday, August 11, 2016 5:31 AM

All replies

• Please post the command you entered.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Monday, August 8, 2016 4:30 PM
  • Hi,

Try to remove mail contact via EMC according to the steps in the following document. If there is any error, please post it.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124269%28v=exchg.141%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Try to add DomainController parameter in your command.

Best Regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 2:53 AM
  • Hi Ed,

Just using the Management Console and right clicking on "Remove".

I don't have access to the domain that our exchange is trying to remove the account from.

They have broken the Trust Relationship and we can no longer access their DC.

Alan

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 10:29 PM
  • Hi Lynn

Refer the reply to Ed.

Also, the error is in the original post.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 10:38 PM
  • That would be a problem because contacts aren't in Exchange, they're in Active Directory.

Thursday, August 11, 2016 5:31 AM