none
Server Temporarily unavailable RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I just installed Microsoft Lync client.  It seemed to install ok, but when I use my hotmail id to login, it tells me the server is temporarily unavailble.  I read the technet fixes and don't understand any of that.  All I want to do is log on to use the conferencing with folks in another country.

Please help and remember I am not that technical.  I read the Lync info and it is supposed to act a lot like IM but also give my conferencing opportunity.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Monday, December 12, 2011 11:31 AM

Answers

•  

are you trying to connect to a Lync server? Lync client will not work with hotmail, you need to be connecting to office365 or onpremise lync server.

+Say thanks and observe basic forum courtesy:
    +If this post answered your question, Mark As Answer
    +If this post was helpful, Vote as Helpful

windowspbx blog: my thots/howtos
    see/submit Lync suggestions here: simple and public
    • Proposed as answer by ssbob1975 Monday, December 12, 2011 12:03 PM
    • Marked as answer by Noya LauModerator Monday, December 19, 2011 9:31 AM
    Monday, December 12, 2011 11:38 AM
  • Hi Carolte,

If you wanna user Lync client, firstly, please make sure you’ve deployed the Lync server and the user accounts are enabled. But you could use your Hotmail ID for Window Live Messenger client.

Noya Liu

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 15, 2011 7:58 AM

All replies

•  

are you trying to connect to a Lync server? Lync client will not work with hotmail, you need to be connecting to office365 or onpremise lync server.

+Say thanks and observe basic forum courtesy:
    +If this post answered your question, Mark As Answer
    +If this post was helpful, Vote as Helpful

windowspbx blog: my thots/howtos
    see/submit Lync suggestions here: simple and public
    • Proposed as answer by ssbob1975 Monday, December 12, 2011 12:03 PM
    • Marked as answer by Noya LauModerator Monday, December 19, 2011 9:31 AM
    Monday, December 12, 2011 11:38 AM
  • What Matt stated is try.  Hotmail is a secondary provider that a lync deployment can connect to, such as AOL, Yahoo.  It doesn't act like an openID or such ...  you will have to log in using the credentials that your IT people gave you ... and you can link your Hotmail to  your Lync client kinda like you do in Trillian or Pidgeon.  

Find a partner nearby that you can connect to via Lync and practice on all of the features, like conference, whiteboarding, ppt sharing ... desktop sharing ... etc.  

Monday, December 12, 2011 7:07 PM
  • Hi Carolte,

If you wanna user Lync client, firstly, please make sure you’ve deployed the Lync server and the user accounts are enabled. But you could use your Hotmail ID for Window Live Messenger client.

Noya Liu

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 15, 2011 7:58 AM