PAS Cache Warmer Custom SSIS Task issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an issue with PAS Cache Warmer Custom SSIS Task.

After installing the assemblies of the custom component, I create new SSIS package to warm the ProClarity Cache, add to it the new task, and configure the task to connect to PAS URL and database. However, while running the new SSIS package, I got the following error:

Web request failed: "the URL of one of the ProClarity views"
    Webrequest failed: "the URL of one of the ProClarity views"

Although if I open the above failed URL from a browser, it will work properly.

After that, I surfed the internet about the error and found, by chance, the source code of the component, and there is a bug in it, please check the following code:

//use cached creds for basic login 
    CredentialCache credcache = new CredentialCache();
    NetworkCredential netcreds = new NetworkCredential(sPasPwd, sPasPwd, sPasDomain);
    credcache.Add(new Uri(sfullUrl), "Basic", netcreds);
    wrRequest.Credentials = credcache;

sPasPwd variable is used instead of sPasUid variable.

Accordingly, I amend the code, uninstall the old components, and install the new assemblies, but I am still getting the same error.

So, could you please help me to make the cache component works?

If you need more details, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
    Emad Philippos

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 2:05 PM

All replies

• What's the IIS authentication on the PAS site?  I can't get to the source code right now, but if you test with just Basic and/or Basic and Windows, does that make a difference?

Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 9:18 PM
  • IIS authentication for PAS virtual directory is only Integrated Windows authentication.

Also, I tried to test the package after adding Basic authentication to the current authenticated access type, but I got the the same error.

Furthermore, I added Basic authentication to the site that hosts this virtual directory, and I got the the same error as well.

By the way, the source code I found on the internet is at http://cid-749714d5f7b5acb6.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/PAS%20Cache%20Warmer%20Sample

Sunday, November 15, 2009 2:13 PM
  • Hello Ben,

I followed Help and Install Doc provided and step 3 i was able to register it with GACutil.exe on windows folder than on SQL Server visual studio folder . after that i was not able see them under SSIS Choose tool box items.

Please help me i am stuck @ this .

Thanks
    Ahk reddy
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 9:42 PM
  • The PAS CAche Warm is not registering on SQL Server 2008 , Please let me know if i am wrong or please provide me the latest one which can support 2008 .

Thanks
    Ahk reddy
    Friday, March 5, 2010 2:00 PM
  • Hi Ahk reddy,

I also encountered your situation. After following the installation steps, Warm PAS Cache task does not appear in the Control Flow Items in the SSIS Toolbox.

Have you found a solution regarding this?

Thanks!

Thursday, November 4, 2010 6:16 AM
  • no i stopped working on this , have you got anything working.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 3:18 PM