Report Deplyment HTTP status 401 Unauthorized - All hotfixes have been applied RRS feed

• Question

• I stil get this periodically. What can I do to fix this, apart from disable it?

Report deployment process failed to request management pack list from SQL RS Server. The operation will be retried. Exception 'WebException': The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. One or more workflows were affected by this. Workflow name: Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Deployment.Report
    Monday, March 16, 2009 1:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please open Reporting Service Configuration Manager, click "Web Service Identity" tab, make sure the setting is correct
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 10:59 AM
  • Hi,

The "Web Service Identity" has the ASP.NET Service Account running as NT Authority\NetworkService.

thanks
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 2:05 AM
  • Hi,

I'd llike to suggest you Add the Config & SDK Service Accounts to Windows Access Authorization Security Group in Active Directory Users & Computers.
    • Marked as answer by Eric Zhang CHN Thursday, April 9, 2009 3:20 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Hittin Thursday, April 9, 2009 6:56 AM
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 10:20 AM
  • Eric,

How do I identify what accounts run the Config & SDK Services?

In Services on the SCE RMS, they both Log On as Local System.

Within SCE under Administration/Run As Accounts, the Data Warehouse Configuration Synchronization Reader Account is already a domain account and is a member of Domain Admins.

The Reporting SDK SQL Server Authentication Account is a Simple Authentication account and I cannot see how you can assign a domain based account to this type of service. Unless I'm supposed to do this through the local Group Policy on the machine which I really don't want to do for management reasons.

Please verify where to look.

thanks
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 6:55 AM
  • Eric,

Can you verify where to find the accounts the Config and SDK Service RunAs?

thanks
    Monday, April 27, 2009 3:21 AM
  • Bump
    Friday, June 5, 2009 7:23 AM
  • Have you found anything? I'm receving a similar error. thanks...

"Data Warehouse failed to request a list of management packs which contain reports deployed to SQL Reporting Services Server. Report deployment process failed to request management pack list from SQL RS Server. The operation will be retried.

Exception 'WebException': The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive."

Friday, June 5, 2009 3:01 PM
  • Bump bump,

Eric,

Can you verify where to find the accounts the Config and SDK Service RunAs?

What's the problem here? Am I the only one using this product and have this problem? Impossible.
    Friday, August 7, 2009 2:04 PM
  • Another Bump. Dustin are you there? Not getting anything from anyone.

Friday, August 28, 2009 4:55 PM
  • Eric,

How about a DAMN response! I hear you say I've left this for so long? I've ignored it and used another application to help out here. Is that what you want? To fail as a Microsoft representative? Believe me, I will NOT be paying for a V2/2010 version. How do I get in touch with a sales rep that can provide a negotiated upgrade?

Thursday, April 22, 2010 2:29 PM