SCCM - 2 Sites - 2 Subnets and Boundary Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

i am experiencing Issues with our SCCM Configuration. We have recently added a Second Site to our Active Directory Sites to split our Main Site and our Small Site. These are both on different Subnets. Our Primary Site is 'Default-First-Site-Name' as it was never changed. We then have 'Academy Two' as our Second site. 

Default-First-Site-Name = 172.16.0.0/16
    Academy Two = 172.18.0.0/16

SCCM Server = 172.16.0.25

Within our Single Boundary Group we have both the sites and the IP Subnets listed. When we try and boot a computer to PXE it finds the server but then just hangs waiting for a response from the server. Does anyone have any idea as to why this is happening?

• Edited by Thomas E Park Thursday, March 5, 2015 3:08 PM Didn't finish the orginal.
    Thursday, March 5, 2015 2:54 PM

Answers

• Hello,

According to the screenshot, it seems that you client requires WDS adminsitrator approval. Any chance you check the option "Require administrator approval for unknown computers"

Open WDS console, properities, PXE response tab.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Daniel JiSun Thursday, March 19, 2015 8:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by Daniel JiSun Friday, March 20, 2015 9:33 AM
    Wednesday, March 18, 2015 7:50 AM

All replies

• PXE boot has nothing to do at all with AD and boundary/groups. 
    It depends on either DHCP options or IPhelpers so you have to change that. 

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Thursday, March 5, 2015 3:08 PM
  • Well thats interesting as it was working untill the boundary groups were changed sorry I have corrected my original post to include all the relevant details. It is able to find the server and but doen't ask me to 'Press F12' to boot from PXE.  Please see image provided bellow;

Thursday, March 5, 2015 3:12 PM
  • Have you checked smspxe.log?

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Thursday, March 5, 2015 3:23 PM
  • Hello,

According to the screenshot, it seems that you client requires WDS adminsitrator approval. Any chance you check the option "Require administrator approval for unknown computers"

Open WDS console, properities, PXE response tab.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Daniel JiSun Thursday, March 19, 2015 8:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by Daniel JiSun Friday, March 20, 2015 9:33 AM
    Wednesday, March 18, 2015 7:50 AM