Using SharePoint 2007 and MS Access 2010, how can we copy access database to SharePoint Site and create shortcuts to Access Forms and Reports RRS feed

• Question

• We have Office 2010 and SharePoint 2007 installed. Before we moved to Office 2010, we used to integrate MS Access Db to our SharePoint 2007 site using ‘Move To SharePoint Site’ wizard that could be accessed from the MS Access Ribbon (in the SharePoint Lists group under the External Data tab). This wizard has an option (with a checkbox) that allowed us to save a copy of the Access database to our SharePoint site (in a document library) and it would create shortcuts to Access Forms and Reports. In effect, this option would create SharePoint list for each table and then link list back to Access database. Moreover, each list would have views corresponding to the forms and reports in Access. When in the View Menu, you click on the view link, it would open the corresponding form or report it Access.

Now, in MS Access 2010, the above mentioned wizard is available in the ribbon as follows: in MS Access 2010 ribbon, click on Database Tools tab, then in the ‘Move Data’ group, click on ‘SharePoint’ button. But, this wizard does not have the option of copying the database to SharePoint and creating shortcuts to the Access Forms and Report. When we used this wizard (of Access 2010), it only created lists in our SharePoint 2007 site for each table and linked those lists to the table. We do not have shortcuts to the forms and reports in Access in the view menu of the SharePoint lists. How can we achieve the same while working with MS Access 2010 and SharePoint 2007?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Nam

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 2:23 PM

Answers

• Check out *all* the Options in Access 2010.

I found lots of (five?) different options for Access 2010 / SharePoint when writing my book on the current SharePoint product (which goes into detail over several chapters about both Access 2010 and Access 2007 and the current product).

I don't have the book here but I do remember that some of the options were not in particularly logical places and that some of them set up synchronizable lists and some didn't. (and that at least one of the options that had a name that looked as if it meant synchronization, didn't mean that).

There's no guarantee of course that all the options will work with SP 2007, but it's worth another look at the options in Access 2010 to make sure you have looked at them all.

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters
    • Marked as answer by Peng Lei Wednesday, April 6, 2011 8:47 AM
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 2:37 PM

All replies

• Check out *all* the Options in Access 2010.

I found lots of (five?) different options for Access 2010 / SharePoint when writing my book on the current SharePoint product (which goes into detail over several chapters about both Access 2010 and Access 2007 and the current product).

I don't have the book here but I do remember that some of the options were not in particularly logical places and that some of them set up synchronizable lists and some didn't. (and that at least one of the options that had a name that looked as if it meant synchronization, didn't mean that).

There's no guarantee of course that all the options will work with SP 2007, but it's worth another look at the options in Access 2010 to make sure you have looked at them all.

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters
    • Marked as answer by Peng Lei Wednesday, April 6, 2011 8:47 AM
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 2:37 PM
  • Did you ever figure this one out?  I'm looking all over the Internet for the answer to no avail.

Thanks,

RGregg

Monday, October 31, 2011 8:01 PM