Adding Computer to my Domain Controller RRS feed

• Question

• I want to make my Windows 10 Pro Tablet a "computer" in my "OU" called "Lab".  I have set up the OU with the Computer in "Lab" with the name "SurfacePro". When I go in the Tablet and change from "Workgroup:" to "Domain:" it will not accept my website: mysite.com.

Error Message:

An Active Directory Domain Controller (AD DC) for the domain "mysite.com" could not be contacted

Ensure that the domain is typed correctly.

Note: This information is intended for a network administrator.  If you are not your network's administrator, notify the administrator that you received this information, which has been recorded in the file C:\WINDOWS\debug\dcdiag.txt.

An error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location (SRV) resource record used to locate an Active Directory Domain Controller (AD DC) for domain "mysite.com".

The error was: "No records found for given DNS query."
    (error code 0x0000251D DNS_INFO_NO_RECORDS)

The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.mysite.com

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 7:30 PM

Answers

• On your DC open DNS manager, from there right click and select properties. On the interface tab there should be the IPv4  IP for the DC listed, On the forwarders tab make sure you have the valid DNS servers list there as well.

Go to the forward lookup zones, right click your domain zone and select properties, On the name server tab make sure your DC's are in there.

• Proposed as answer by Mary Dong Tuesday, August 25, 2015 1:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mary Dong Thursday, August 27, 2015 1:42 AM
    Wednesday, August 19, 2015 9:59 PM

All replies

• for your domain controller, under the NIC properties, ipv4 settings, advanced, DNS tab... is the radio box selected to register this connections address in DNS?

Is the rest of your NIC settings properly configured?

DNS server properly configured? Able to resolved names using the NSLookup command?

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 8:12 PM
  • IPv4 settings>Advanced>DNS tab>register this connections address in DNS checked.

Add the computer IPv4 to list.

NSLookup had "Unknown" for the Default Server but correct IPv6 for Address when searching for www.mysite.com had "Unknown" for the Server bbut correct IPv6 for Address

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 8:38 PM
  • Are you using IPv6 or IPv4..... If you are using IPv4 you need to configure your DNS server to use IPv4 name resolution or use something like teredo tunneling.

On the DNS server->properties->general tab there are the IP's it is binded to... Have you made sure your DNS server is setup correctly?

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 8:49 PM
  • I am using IPv4 and IPv6 as Hosts.

What do you mean "DNS server" in "On the DNS server->properties->general tab there are the IP's it is binded to...".  I looked in DNS Manager and could not find what you said.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 9:52 PM
  • On your DC open DNS manager, from there right click and select properties. On the interface tab there should be the IPv4  IP for the DC listed, On the forwarders tab make sure you have the valid DNS servers list there as well.

Go to the forward lookup zones, right click your domain zone and select properties, On the name server tab make sure your DC's are in there.

• Proposed as answer by Mary Dong Tuesday, August 25, 2015 1:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mary Dong Thursday, August 27, 2015 1:42 AM
    Wednesday, August 19, 2015 9:59 PM