none
Analytics - dimension sort ordering RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a PPS analytic grid that looks like this:

Year/Week Number Hierarchy                        Sales Units                  Sales Value

2006                                                            100000                         10000000000000

2007                                                             9999                            999999999999

The year is a hierarchy dimensions and expands to show weeks 1-52.

What we would like to do is to order the years in reverse order (i.e. 2007 comes first). I cannot see a way to do this in a grid as the sorting all seems geared to measures. Have I missed something, or would I need to use MDX for this and if so what MDX could I use (I cannot see to get order() to work).

The MDX code is:

WITH

MEMBER [Date].[Week Number].[ Aggregation] AS 'AGGREGATE( EXISTING { [Calendar weeks to current week] } )', SOLVE_ORDER = 0

SELECT

NON EMPTY { [Reseller].[Reseller].[Reseller].ALLMEMBERS } * { [Measures].[Total Sales Units], [Measures].[Total Sales Value], [Measures].[YTD v L-YTD Units %], [Measures].[YTD v L-YTD Value %] }

ON COLUMNS,

NON EMPTY HIERARCHIZE( { [Date].[Week Of Year Hierarchy].[Calendar Year].&[2007], [Date].[Week Of Year Hierarchy].[Calendar Year].&[2006] } )

ON ROWS

FROM [Sales]

Many thanks!!

Matthew 

Monday, December 3, 2007 11:08 AM

Answers

• There may be a better way to do this, but for an easy fix, remove the "HIERARCHIZE" function that surrounds the year member selection, and this should give you the desired results:

NON EMPTY  { [Date].[Week Of Year Hierarchy].[Calendar Year].&[2007], [Date].[Week Of Year Hierarchy].[Calendar Year].&[2006] }

ON ROWS

Friday, December 7, 2007 11:06 PM
  • Hi MAQ1

I think this is what you're looking for:

Code Block

WITH

MEMBER [Date].[Week Number].[ Aggregation] AS

'AGGREGATE( EXISTING { [Calendar weeks to current week] } )', SOLVE_ORDER = 0

SELECT

NON EMPTY

{[Reseller].[Reseller].[Reseller].ALLMEMBERS }

{

[Measures].[Total Sales Units],

[Measures].[Total Sales Value],

[Measures].[YTD v L-YTD Units %],

[Measures].[YTD v L-YTD Value %]

}

ON COLUMNS,

NON EMPTY

ORDER(

[Date].[Week Of Year Hierarchy].[Calendar Year].members,

[Date].[Week Of Year Hierarchy].MEMBER_NAME,

DESC)

ON ROWS

FROM

[Sales]

HIERARCHIZE will attempt to order the members into their hierarchical order so isn't best used with the ORDER function

HTH

Tim

Sunday, December 9, 2007 12:38 PM

All replies

• There may be a better way to do this, but for an easy fix, remove the "HIERARCHIZE" function that surrounds the year member selection, and this should give you the desired results:

NON EMPTY  { [Date].[Week Of Year Hierarchy].[Calendar Year].&[2007], [Date].[Week Of Year Hierarchy].[Calendar Year].&[2006] }

ON ROWS

Friday, December 7, 2007 11:06 PM
  • Hi MAQ1

I think this is what you're looking for:

Code Block

WITH

MEMBER [Date].[Week Number].[ Aggregation] AS

'AGGREGATE( EXISTING { [Calendar weeks to current week] } )', SOLVE_ORDER = 0

SELECT

NON EMPTY

{[Reseller].[Reseller].[Reseller].ALLMEMBERS }

{

[Measures].[Total Sales Units],

[Measures].[Total Sales Value],

[Measures].[YTD v L-YTD Units %],

[Measures].[YTD v L-YTD Value %]

}

ON COLUMNS,

NON EMPTY

ORDER(

[Date].[Week Of Year Hierarchy].[Calendar Year].members,

[Date].[Week Of Year Hierarchy].MEMBER_NAME,

DESC)

ON ROWS

FROM

[Sales]

HIERARCHIZE will attempt to order the members into their hierarchical order so isn't best used with the ORDER function

HTH

Tim

Sunday, December 9, 2007 12:38 PM