Attach file in Datasheet View RRS feed

• Question

• SharePoint 2007 allowed adding attachments to list items in Datasheet view. However, with SharePoint Online (Modern / Classic view) I do not get any options for attaching items in Datasheet view.

Is there a limitation or I am doing something wrong? I am the site owner where the list is created.

Thursday, July 13, 2017 4:03 AM

Answers

• As far as I could get from other posts is that this functionality is no longer supported with SharePoint 2013/Online. Earlier versions of SharaPoint used ActiveX to control the datasheet view which now has been replaced with HTML5 / JavaScript.
    Thursday, July 13, 2017 5:54 AM

All replies

• As far as I could get from other posts is that this functionality is no longer supported with SharePoint 2013/Online. Earlier versions of SharaPoint used ActiveX to control the datasheet view which now has been replaced with HTML5 / JavaScript.
    Thursday, July 13, 2017 5:54 AM
  • Dear SharePointGuy,

True, this functionality is still not supported.

Major Improvements with Quick Edit

There are six major improvements including new features for Datasheet View:

• Improved UI with a nicer spreadsheet format
    • Support for Managed Metadata column
    • Removal of ActiveX dependency (Now it uses the html/JavaScript technology.)
    • Support in cross-browser (Works with all browsers now.)
    • Supports Quick Edit in filtered view (In SharePoint 2010 Datasheet view, the filter you preset will be missing and you need to reset the filter.)
    • Supports Quick Edit within a Document Set (In SharePoint 2010, when you open a Document Set, the Datasheet View on the ribbon is disabled. To open a Document set in its own Datasheet view, you have to open Datasheet View for all documents first, locate the Document Set and then click it.)

Know more about Quick Edit

Ref: Other Post 

Regards,

Avinash kumar | Blog:http://avigr8.wordpress.com | If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.

Thursday, July 13, 2017 6:06 AM
  • Hi SharePointGuy,

As you have found the answer for this question, please mark your reply as answer, it will benefit with others in the community who meet the same question in the future.

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, July 14, 2017 2:42 AM