How to uniquely identiy different process of the same application running in Powershell RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am currently using NTTtcp Windows traffic tool for testing in our DataCenter product.

Here i am instantiating many NTTtcp processes and want to uniquely identify each process. I see that when a new process is spawned it only shows as NTTtcp unlike in Linux where the pid gets tagged or the command arguments are shows along with the process.

My query:

---------------

Is there a way to uniquely identify the many NTTtcp process by the argument being used to trigger that particular process? Or is there a better way to deal with this?

I am currently automating the task and need help in this regard.

Regards

Aprameya

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 12:38 AM

All replies

• $p = Start-Process MtTcp -PassThru
    $p.Id

\_(ツ)_/

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 12:46 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Lee

Just do it.

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 6:52 AM