Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Enterprise? RRS feed

• Question

• How come Windows Vista Home Premium won't let me upgrade to Windows 7 Enterprise? 
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 1:12 AM

Answers

• Home premiom is a retail consumer version and enterprise is ment for large  scale deployment and has a different activation sytem then the one you are used to be activating online. You can upgrade to ultimate which is almost identical to enterprise but is designed for personal or small business use and has the retail activation sytem which is compatible with home premiom for upgrade. 
    • Marked as answer by DanHer.30 Thursday, October 29, 2009 2:54 AM
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 1:37 AM

All replies

• Home premiom is a retail consumer version and enterprise is ment for large  scale deployment and has a different activation sytem then the one you are used to be activating online. You can upgrade to ultimate which is almost identical to enterprise but is designed for personal or small business use and has the retail activation sytem which is compatible with home premiom for upgrade. 
    • Marked as answer by DanHer.30 Thursday, October 29, 2009 2:54 AM
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 1:37 AM
  • Ah, I understand. So there is no possible way for me to upgrade to Windows 7 Enterprise from Vista Home Premium?
    • Proposed as answer by kgurl Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:16 AM
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 2:55 AM
  • Again, no that upgrade scenario is not possible. 7 Ultimate is the retail version of Enterprise so Ultimate would be the edition you would choose if you want all of the features of Enterprise.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd772579(WS.10).aspx

See what you can make of it - it's a bit confusing.
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 5:28 AM
  • From all I've read, you can't upgrade to Windows 7 from Vista Home Premium, but you can do a clean install.  Hope that helps rather than insults.  Now, if I can just figure out how to copy my settings back in using Windows Easy Transfer!!

• Proposed as answer by kgurl Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:19 AM
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:19 AM
  •  Supported upgrades:

From Windows Vista (SP1, SP2) Upgrade to Windows 7

Business

>    Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate

Enterprise  

>  Enterprise

Home Basic

>  Home Basic, Home Premium, Ultimate

Home Premium

>  Home Premium, Ultimate