Help! Problems connecting to internet RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody, I'm new to this forum and I am having problems with connecting to the internet.  Both WLAN and LAN work intermittently although LAN works most often.  It is definitely not a problem with my internet connection as I have another laptop which has no problems connecting to the internet wirelessly, also PS3 and ipod can also connect.
    My laptop has Vista SP1 and can usually get a local connection but cannot usually connect to the internet without using the ethernet cable. Sometime wirelesss interent connects for a few seconds but when I remove the ethernet cable usually internet disconnects again.  The info on windows network diagnostics I get vary - from  low wireless signal to needing to reset the network adapter to needing to reset the ip address. I've tried all of these numerous times. Sometimes I can't see any wireless networks, sometimes one, sometimes the whole neighbourhood's except mine.  And sometimes i see only mine and yet it takes so long to connect that it times out and says 'connection is taking longer than usual'.  The internet used to work fine and I haven't changed any hardware etc.

While writing this post the wireless internet has decided to work again - without my changing anything! But I won't hold my breath.

I can see that I have the same problem with the ISATAP adapter 2 error 31 but I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it??

I'm the first to admit that I'm not great with the more technical aspects of computing so if anyone can give me a hand with some simple instructions it would be very much appreciated!!!
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 1:34 PM

Answers