none
Baseline work does not roll up in Resource usage RRS feed

• Question

• I plan and schedule my project with MS-project 2010 SP1.

When I add new task and re-baseline by

- Mark the task

- Set baseline > selected tasks > Roll up baseline:to all summary tasks

On Grantt view, the baseline work on summary tasks are correct but the baseline work are incorrect on resource usage.

How i resolve this problem or anyone can suggest the way to resolve the problem ?

Thank you 

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 3:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I remember having the same issue with PS2010 but it has been corrected. You have to apply a CU. Here is the list of MSP 2010 CUs. If you look for baseline rollup issues, you'll find a few of them, letting you know which one is exactly your issue and thus which CU you should apply.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/projectsupport/p/msp10/

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 8:17 AM
  • Hello Wadius,

In Gantt view (which is task based view) you can see the roll-up of baseline work for a task and in Resource Usage view you need to see resource-wise what is baseline work for each resource and then see if their sum is same for a task as you see in Gantt chart view. Since resource usage is a resource centric view you won't be able to see the roll-up for a task; try checking on Task Usage view and see if you still see discrepancies.

Thanks,

Sapna

Sapna Shukla

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 10:26 AM
  • The problem listed is a comparison between different views to validate the assignment of work and the allocation of work across the plan and baseline.

The poster was not asking which view to use but why the view is not, or no longer, presenting the baseline work but DOES show the planned "work" and the "actual work".

What the post asks for was a reason, and a way to correct, the fact that in all versions of MSP (MSP 2000 - MSP 2016 and PWA) there is an issue that can arise where the resource view within MSP where you want to see baseline work aligned to planned "work" and "actual work".

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 7:43 PM