none
what permission required to create enterprise caldendar RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to allow project managers to create their own enterprise calendar is there any specific permission required to give PM so that they can create and manage enterprise calendar.

Thanks.

iffi

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 6:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

There is a global permission at group level for managing enterprise calendar. So if you grant this permission for project managers group, they'll be able to create/modify enterprise calendars.

That being said, I would be careful because the risk is that you'll end with many different calendars, maybe some errors, redundancies etc... It is generally advice to keep calendar management to admin or at least a small group of super users.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 7:15 AM
  • imughal --

I will echo the concerns that my colleague, Guillaume, shared with you in his reply.  I will go a step further, however.  I would STRONGLY recommend that you DO NOT proceed with allowing your PMs to create custom enterprise calendars.  Your application administrators should be the ONLY people who create and edit enterprise calendars.

Instead, I would recommend that you allow your PMs to create personal LOCAL base calendars in their own projects and then they can save these local calendars in their own Global.mpt file.  To set this permission, the application administrator should navigate to the PWA Settings page and then click the Additional Server Settings link.  On the Additional Server Settings page, select the Allow Projects to Use Local Base Calendars checkbox and then click the Save button.

Your PMs will now be able to use the Create New Calendar button in the Change Working Time dialog and use it to create and maintain their own personal local calendars.  They can also use the Organizer dialog to copy any new personal local calendars to their Global.mpt file as well.

I personally think this would be the safest course of action in your situation.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 8:29 PM
  • Hi,

i have allow PMs to create personal LOCAL base calendars, option in click "select the Allow Projects to Use Local Base Calendars checkbox and then click the Save button."

pls also tell 

Problem is that when PM try to publish project got following images. once click its publish and changed the dates.

Project plan is set to auto schedule, PM try change the dates manually (originally auto). I did the same and save the plan. Upon reopen, I found few corrected dates are again disturb.

Can you pleas guide what is the issue and how to fix it.thx

iffi

Friday, July 6, 2018 12:06 PM