none
Analytic grids fail if attribute hidden RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have a cube with some deployed dashboards. I alter the cube to hide an attribute on a dimension and then all my analytic chartsstart to fail with ReportViewControlUnexpectedError. The attribute though is not even referenced by any of the charts.

Looking in EventViewer I have:

Exception Message: The '[Trade].[Currency]' object was not found.
    Parameter name: uniqueName
    Inner Exception Message:
    Stack Trace:    at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.CubeDef.InternalGetSchemaObject(SchemaObjectType schemaObjectType, String uniqueName, Boolean retryUniqueName)

It looks like the entire schema is being cached somewhere and the grids cannot cope with an update to the schema ?

Is there anyway round this ?

Thursday, July 3, 2008 10:56 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Can you open your dashboards in Dashboard Designer ?

If so, verify your MDX queries used in this component if there are any references to [Trade].[Currency].

Do you use any filters connected to Analytic Grid and using your hidden attributes?

Best regards,

Radoslaw Lebkowski

Thursday, July 3, 2008 1:33 PM
  • No DashboardDesigner also fails.

There is no reference to the attribute in any of the charts, and all the charts start to fail.

I also had a look in the bswx file of the dashboards and this doesnt appear to contain any reference either. It appears that the schema is being stored somewhere by performancepoint.

Thursday, July 3, 2008 1:57 PM