Is there support for PunkBuster yet? RRS feed

• Question

• Before I get the proverbial "why don't you use the search button!!" spooge....Yes thanks..I searched , I am posting because I am looking for a definitive answer. Now on to my question:

I was testing a few revisions back and noted that everything worked but the one thing I needed , PunkBuster for some games. I then checked back a month or 2 ago (and did some Google research) and saw that it was still a problem because of a lack of support from EvenBalance.
     However , I have just pre-ordered a retail upgrade (at a nice discount..THANK YOU MS!!) and got a letter form MS that the OS has gone to RTM and is in the hands of RETAIL PC makers , So my question is , is EvenBalance still being a PITA about supporting Windows 7?
    and if not ,

is anyone running Win7 64bit latest build able to play Battlefield 2/2142/any mods without being kicked?

thanks , and sorry if this has been asked and I missed it in my search.
    Tall , dark....chubby...and handsome.
    Monday, August 10, 2009 4:38 PM

Answers

• Greetings JimBeamBlack,

I have seen a discussion about the similar issue, which you have reffered here, you can refer this third party link http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/239134.page which may help you to resolve your issue. However, i am reffering the 3rd party site so please read the disclaimer before actual implementation.

NOTE - Disclaimer

The links in this message may lead to third-party Web sites. Microsoft provides third-party resources to help you find customer service and/or technical support resources. Information at these sites may change without notice. Microsoft is not responsible for the content at any third-party Web sites and does not guarantee the accuracy of third-party information.

Hope this information should help you in solving your issue.

Regards,
    Harish

• Proposed as answer by Robinson Zhang Tuesday, August 18, 2009 2:05 AM
    • Edited by Harish Prahalad Wednesday, August 26, 2009 11:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andy Song Friday, September 4, 2009 10:39 AM
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 6:39 PM

All replies

• Greetings JimBeamBlack,

I have seen a discussion about the similar issue, which you have reffered here, you can refer this third party link http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/239134.page which may help you to resolve your issue. However, i am reffering the 3rd party site so please read the disclaimer before actual implementation.

NOTE - Disclaimer

The links in this message may lead to third-party Web sites. Microsoft provides third-party resources to help you find customer service and/or technical support resources. Information at these sites may change without notice. Microsoft is not responsible for the content at any third-party Web sites and does not guarantee the accuracy of third-party information.

Hope this information should help you in solving your issue.

Regards,
    Harish

• Proposed as answer by Robinson Zhang Tuesday, August 18, 2009 2:05 AM
    • Edited by Harish Prahalad Wednesday, August 26, 2009 11:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andy Song Friday, September 4, 2009 10:39 AM
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 6:39 PM
  •  Wow and excellent tutorial if I have ever seen one , thank you very much Harish. Very complete.

I kicked the idea around of upgrading my Vista64 to the RTM (or last official Win7 release) until the release but I have it preordered and it should be out in oct anyways so I decided to wait to do a more complete clean install of the final version.

but , I am printing out these instructions just in case evenbalance doesn't get things done quickly after the release because I intend to install Win7 as soon as I get it.

Thanks again sir.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 2:52 AM
  • As far as BF2 goes, the 1.5 patch works fine with Win7 and no kicks. Now, if DICE will just get the 1.5 patch out!
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 2:04 AM
  • Yes it does work , I did get it to work with version 1.41 as well , I ended up doing an in place upgrade of Win 7 (just couldn't resist) and I did the copy PunkbusterA PunkbusterB to/from the system32/SYSwow file blah blah or some such ____ and allow through the firewall blah blah , and it worked!! I can find the exact thing I did if anyone needs it its very easy.

And I got the official 1.5 patch from FileShack yesterday so thats even better news!!

I must say though that the performance of BF2 compared to Vista64 is about the same , I thought it might be a bit faster (like XP) from what I have heard but maybe once Win 7 goes retail and is better supported by drivers and such.

GREAT NEWS PunkBuster and BF2 WORK!!

also , Call of Duty 4 works as well , played about 2 hours of that last weekend!
    Friday, September 4, 2009 11:51 AM