none
Cost calculated in Ms Project RRS feed

• Question

• gentlemen, Can I get the cost of a task through the field value [number1] / value set. Example: I put in the [number1] all values ​​(weights) for tasks and through these weights (which would total 100), (*) the total value of the project, I get the value of each task. It would be something like, the reverse calculation that Ms project does. grateful

oreste.jr@gmail.com

Monday, May 27, 2013 5:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• oreste,

You talk about "cost" but I only see a mention of some kind of weight so it's not at all clear as to exactly what you want. An clear example would be better. However, yes you can customize extra fields (e.g. Number1, Cost1, Text1, etc.) with a formula to calculate many things, as long as the values needed for the calculation are available for that task line. That is, you cannot use a custom field formula to calculate something for one task that requires data from another task.

I'm totally lost with your last sentence about the reverse calculation the MS Project does. The Cost field in Project is a combination of resource hours times rate per hour for each resource and fixed costs, if any. So what exactly is the "reverse" of that?

John

• Marked as answer by orestejunior Tuesday, May 28, 2013 3:47 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by orestejunior Tuesday, May 28, 2013 3:48 PM
    Monday, May 27, 2013 8:19 PM
  • I think I understand what you mean. Take for example a project total value of £1,000,000. If you put this into the formula for the cost1 field as shown below, it would multiply up to give you the total per task. For different project total values, just amend the number in the formula underlined in green.

• Marked as answer by orestejunior Tuesday, May 28, 2013 3:48 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by orestejunior Tuesday, May 28, 2013 3:51 PM
    Tuesday, May 28, 2013 8:40 AM
  • Andrew, thank you. Your suggestion is good to get the information in the column, however, the use of the spreadsheet task, I can not see the projection of these costs, as in the use task, I can not see the projection of the field Cost1.
    You know how I could get?

oreste.jr@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 3:58 PM
  • Sorry Oreste, I'm not sure what you mean by the spreadsheet task - can you elaborate?

• Marked as answer by orestejunior Tuesday, May 28, 2013 4:54 PM
    Tuesday, May 28, 2013 4:11 PM
  • The translation was not good.

I said:

Use the task.

I would like to have these costs distributed in the layout, use the task.

I'm analyzing the possibility of working with a resource type cost and use the field planned cost.

And the field, budgeted cost I can view the layout, use the task.

The idea is still the same. Getting the cost of a task by a percentage in the field number1.

oreste.jr@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 5:07 PM
  • orestejunior,

Unfortunately the translation is still not coming through clearly enough for us to understand exactly what you want. 

When you say "use the task" are you referring to the Task Usage view?

Since there is a problem with translation, it would be very helpful for us if you would set up a sample file with some values in the fields and the view you want to use. Then attach a picture of that as Andrew did in his response. Then we should have a better idea of how to help you.

John

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 8:06 PM