Windows 10 computers showing on WSUS Server 2012 R2 as Windows Vista RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning Friends,

Windows 10 computers showing on WSUS Server 2012 R2 as Windows Vista, Please help me how to correct it.

Thursday, August 13, 2015 4:38 AM

All replies

• Hello, each time Microsoft releases a new version of Windows, this happen. It was the same for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1.

You need to wait until Microsoft releases a KB to apply to your Wsus. Be patients.

David COURTEL

IT Technician

Wsus Third-Party Softwares Publishing : Wsus Package Publisher

Outlook 2013 PST Backup : Pst Backup 2013

Thursday, August 13, 2015 10:00 AM
  • You would think that it wouldn't be so difficult to be PROACTIVE with this and release the update to WSUS at the time (or before) the operating system is released.  Why is it after the fact?
    Friday, August 14, 2015 12:41 PM
  • I suppose that Microsoft finds that publishing a new update for Wsus, only to display correct name of a new OS is oversized. They surely waits to have more fix to release.

David COURTEL

IT Technician

Wsus Third-Party Softwares Publishing : Wsus Package Publisher

Outlook 2013 PST Backup : Pst Backup 2013

Friday, August 14, 2015 1:05 PM
  • So, how much longer will MS wait? I have a Server '12 installation with 33 Win 10 PC's and 2 true Vista boxes (owners personal pc's, hate to change the familiar) which can get confusing when training ne IT employees.
    Wednesday, October 28, 2015 10:06 PM
  • So, how much longer will MS wait? I have a Server '12 installation with 33 Win 10 PC's and 2 true Vista boxes (owners personal pc's, hate to change the familiar) which can get confusing when training ne IT employees.

The fix was released on October 8:

Update to enable WSUS support for Windows 10 feature upgrades

Rolf Lidvall, Swedish Radio (Ltd)

• Proposed as answer by Rolf Lidvall Thursday, October 29, 2015 10:46 AM
    Thursday, October 29, 2015 10:46 AM