How to choose the language of the updates depending on the operating system RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

the computers of my domains are in Spanish but the windows server 2012 are in English.

I download Security Updates and Critical Updates for windows server 2012 and for windows 7 x64 but, I would like to download patches in English only for windows server 2012 (but not for Windows 7) and patches in Spanish only for Windows 7 (but not for Windows server 2012).  I want to reduce the number of patches downloaded.

Is it possible to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Monday, April 18, 2016 9:48 AM

Answers

• Hi droig,

If you have one WSUS server, and checked "English" and "Spanish" in Update Languages, then we are unable to separate different languages for different updates according to WSUS clients' OS.

You may set up two WSUS servers, one for servers and another for client computers, on each WSUS server, only check one language.

However, as far as I'm concerned, if you have enough memory, download additional updates won't matter too much, and it is suggested to run server cleanup wizard frequently.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 8:50 AM

All replies

• Hi droig,

If you have one WSUS server, and checked "English" and "Spanish" in Update Languages, then we are unable to separate different languages for different updates according to WSUS clients' OS.

You may set up two WSUS servers, one for servers and another for client computers, on each WSUS server, only check one language.

However, as far as I'm concerned, if you have enough memory, download additional updates won't matter too much, and it is suggested to run server cleanup wizard frequently.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 8:50 AM
  • Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 11:14 AM