none
LiteTouch.vbs won't launch RRS feed

• Question

• Deployed some applications from within Windows via MDT, all went well. I then decided to upgrade one application via LiteTouch.vbs from within Windows, it restarted halfway through and now LiteTouch.vbs won't launch!
    Wednesday, August 12, 2015 6:32 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Are you saying that you edited LiteTouch.vbs to do something? Or did you make a change in the MDT console?

If it's the first, then replace the VBS with an original, if it's the second then could you upload BDD.log?

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 8:15 AM
  • If you mean MDT was running tasks and rebooted to continue with the next tasks but litetouch didn't automatically continue, I've had that happen sometimes.

If you go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp  there you will see the litetouch shortcut. Right click on it and run as administrator to continue with the sequence.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 1:48 PM

• If you go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp  there you will see the litetouch shortcut. Right click on it and run as administrator to continue with the sequence.

Nothing there Dan. I did delete the _SMSTaskSequence in a troubleshooting method, as well as restarting the hosted MDT VM. Any other ideas?
    Wednesday, August 12, 2015 10:52 PM
  • Well if you deleted the _SMSTaskSequence folder already, then you have no choice but to restart your task sequence over from the beginning. I've never used MDT to upgrade an existing application, but I have used it to add new software to existing machines. If the software you were installing forced a reboot, it could have broken the deployment process. Always make sure you use /noreboot or other similar switches and if a reboot is needed, use MDT's reboot function.

Thursday, August 13, 2015 1:09 PM
  • How are you upgrading this application using litetouch.vbs can you please elaborate so that we can have a better understanding.

Thursday, August 13, 2015 9:39 PM
  • Well if you deleted the _SMSTaskSequence folder already, then you have no choice but to restart your task sequence over from the beginning. I've never used MDT to upgrade an existing application, but I have used it to add new software to existing machines. If the software you were installing forced a reboot, it could have broken the deployment process. Always make sure you use /noreboot or other similar switches and if a reboot is needed, use MDT's reboot function.

That's my point, it won't restart on this server.
    Friday, August 14, 2015 12:53 AM
  • Renamed MININT folder, Task Sequence then fired up.
    • Marked as answer by edgar_davids Friday, August 14, 2015 1:00 AM
    Friday, August 14, 2015 1:00 AM
  • Sorry I assumed you knew MININT needed to be removed in order to start over. If MDT sees an existing MININT folder it will always attempt to continue with what's in there and that includes appending to the log files.

Friday, August 14, 2015 1:13 PM