none
DPM 2010 Self-Service recovery missing SQL Instances RRS feed

• Question

• We have a functioning DPM 2010 environment and we are trying to get the self-service SQL piece working.  We have set the options for SQL Server Self service recovery, but some servers are not showing up in the self service client.  We have waited over night in case there was some sort of delay, but no luck.  We have recreated the role and have the same results--some SQL instances will show up and some will not.  The recover items are all set to "All databases under this instance".  The recovery targets are set to allow users to recover to another instance with no defined recovered file path.  The missing instances in the self service client will not even show up on the original server.  The end user SQL recovery client is installed and connects to the DPM server successfully.  What would be my next step in troubleshooting this issue?

Friday, October 15, 2010 10:41 PM

Answers

• I would first verify that you can recover the instances using the DPM recovery method.  It could be that for some reason either they are not being backed up or they are backed up but not even the DPM server can recover them for some reason.  I would look to see if there are any consistencies in which instances are not showing up in the SSRT.  Maybe long names or special characters?
    Thanks, Chris Bu - MSFT This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Monday, November 29, 2010 10:03 PM

All replies

• Hi

Follow this TechNet link to verify your configuration.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff399008.aspx

BR

Robert Hedblom

Check out my DPM blog @ http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 12:08 PM
  • The configuration all looks good and I have followed those steps.  Additionally, I have verified that the "MS-ShareMapConfiguration" container within the system container in AD was created and that the DPM server has all rights.  There are six objects within the container that have GUIDs for names.  Each object has my DPM server as its owner, so I surmise they were created as mappings.
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 5:48 AM
  • I would first verify that you can recover the instances using the DPM recovery method.  It could be that for some reason either they are not being backed up or they are backed up but not even the DPM server can recover them for some reason.  I would look to see if there are any consistencies in which instances are not showing up in the SSRT.  Maybe long names or special characters?
    Thanks, Chris Bu - MSFT This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Monday, November 29, 2010 10:03 PM
  • BenjStarrat

Since it has been a while since we have heard anything, I am going to mark this thread as answered.  If you find that you are still having problems, please either reopen this post or consider opening a support case with Microsoft support.  Thanks!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 3:58 PM