none
Percentage of completion in parent plan does not match subproject RRS feed

• Question

• I just upgraded to MS Project Standard Edition 2010 from 2007. I have a subproject linked to the master and some of the percentages in the master plan do not match the plan associated with the subproject. For an example, a summary task in master shows 86% and the same summary task in subproject plan shows as 90%. As far as I can tell all other information matches.
    Saturday, October 27, 2012 8:49 PM

All replies

• Before converting a file from 2007 to 2010 it is advisable to have SP3 for Project 2007 and SP1 for 2010. If you don't have these SP levels, upgrade then convert again.

If that gives the same result, you did open the Sub-project? Master files don't tend to update unless the sub-project task is expanded.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book

Rod Gill Project Management

Saturday, October 27, 2012 11:17 PM
  • Hi Rod, I discovered my problem. I was comparing %workcomplete to %complete. I had not noticed differences in the past and incorrectly thought the issue to be related to 2010. Oh well...  

BTW - I was happy to see our link for the VBA book and plan to buy it. I need a way to update some key tasks from the sub-project to the master. For example, my master plan has more hi-level summary tasks that I need to keep in sync with detail in sub-project. I have written a little code in days gone by and this does not sound too complex and based on table of contents your book would cover this and more.

Another question that you may cover in your book that I was wondering about is in the past when using 2007, I was downloading to pivot tables for reporting. I was not using the pivot table but the alltasks workbook it produced. It showed all tasks leevels for each task in a single row. I have not fond the equivelent feature in 2010?
    One last question, how can I have a dependency bases on another task being x percent complete? Thank you and Regards, Mark
    Sunday, October 28, 2012 4:32 PM