none
DPM2010 BackupOrder RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to configure a backup order of different servers in one Data Protection Group ?

Example:

I have 2 servers which I like to backup to tape.

Server 1 and Server 2 but like to backup Server 2 before Server 1 in one Data Protection Group.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 11:00 AM

Answers

• There is no such provision available in DPM. Only work-around that may possible is to scheduled the backup jobs in such a way that have Server 2 schedules ahead of Server 1 and give sufficient time in between them so that Server 2 job finishes before Server 1 job.
    Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 11:37 AM

All replies

• There is no such provision available in DPM. Only work-around that may possible is to scheduled the backup jobs in such a way that have Server 2 schedules ahead of Server 1 and give sufficient time in between them so that Server 2 job finishes before Server 1 job.
    Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 11:37 AM
  • Thank you Praveen for the quick response. That’s what I was afraid of.

Do you know which order DPM2010 uses by backing up several servers in one DataProtectionGroup ?

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 1:01 PM
  • There is no order between two machines. It is completely random whichever job gets the resources first completes first.
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 5:35 AM