Prepare Active Directory fails at Prepare Schema (frist step) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I'm actually trying to deploy a Skype for Business 2015 Server. After starting the Deployment it fails at first step Prepare Schema. My Account has the needed Rights (Schema Admin, Enterprise Admin, Domain Admin, Organization Management). 

The Log from the Deployment looks like this:

Get-CSSchemaState > Error: Cannot find any global catalogs in forest "<my domainname>".

at Microsoft.Rtc.Management.ADConnect.Connection.DirectoryServicesTopologyProvider.FindGlobalCatalog(String forest, String site)
    at Microsoft.Rtc.Management.ADConnect.Connection.DirectoryServicesTopologyProvider.FindGlobalCatalog(String forest, String site)
    at Microsoft.Rtc.Management.ADConnect.Connection.DirectoryServicesTopologyProvider.GetDefaultGC()
    at Microsoft.Rtc.Management.ADConnect.Connection.DirectoryServicesTopologyProvider.DiscoverGC()
    at Microsoft.Rtc.Management.ADConnect.Connection.DirectoryServicesTopologyProvider..ctor()
    at Microsoft.Rtc.Management.ADConnect.Connection.TopologyProvider.InitializeInstance()
    at Microsoft.Rtc.Management.ADConnect.Connection.TopologyProvider.GetInstance()
    at Microsoft.Rtc.Management.Deployment.LcSchema.GetForestSchemaType(DeploymentContext context)
    at Microsoft.Rtc.Management.Deployment.LcSchema.GetSchemaVersionState()
    at Microsoft.Rtc.Management.Deployment.Tasks.SchemaStateCheckTask.Action()
    at Microsoft.Rtc.Management.Internal.Utilities.LogWriter.InvokeAndLog(Action action)

I've tried a lot of things found on Technet and other Ressources (Enable-CSADForest via Powershell and so on), nothing helped. I get eveytime the same error: Cannot find any global catalogs in forest.

Are there any Ideas for this Error?

Regards, Martin

Wednesday, March 18, 2020 4:00 PM

Answers

• Hi All

The Problem is solved. In our Environment we have several Forests and in the Forest with the Problem, there was an Issue in the Replication of two Domain Controllers.

The Problem is gone with an automatic full Replication of the two DC's.

Regards, Martin

• Marked as answer by SCCMBros Thursday, March 19, 2020 7:16 AM
    Thursday, March 19, 2020 7:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Martin,

Do you install Active Directory on the server before you prepare Active Directory?

If not, you can refer to this article to install Active Directory: https://support.rackspace.com/how-to/installing-active-directory-on-windows-server-2012/.

In addition, the Skype for Business server needs to be added in the domain you created.

After that, you can follow the steps to deploy Skype for Business server:

http://blog.schertz.name/2015/06/sfb2015deploy1/

http://blog.schertz.name/2015/06/sfb2015deploy2/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 19, 2020 3:04 AM
  • Hi All

The Problem is solved. In our Environment we have several Forests and in the Forest with the Problem, there was an Issue in the Replication of two Domain Controllers.

The Problem is gone with an automatic full Replication of the two DC's.

Regards, Martin

• Marked as answer by SCCMBros Thursday, March 19, 2020 7:16 AM
    Thursday, March 19, 2020 7:16 AM