No User Accounts Visible RRS feed

• Question

• I have just recently taken over supporting a local charity from another IT Company and they have an issue with 1 machine using Steady State where on boot up it goes to the welcome screen but there are no user accounts listed. I can press ctrl alt del twice and log in as the computer administrator but it doesn't look like Steady State was installed under this user so I can't ammend the steady state settings.

I'm not familiar with Steady State but is there any way of getting these steady state logins reinstated?

Matthew

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 10:45 AM

All replies

• Hello Matthew,

Since  your in administrative profile right click on the my computer icon, and choose manage.  Than click local users and groups and double left click the users folder.  See what users there are and which ones have administrative rights.  Than simply log into each one until you find which one steady state was installed on.  Hopefully there won't be too many.  You can alternatively try seeing if the user has been hidden from the welcome screen via registry.  The steps are layed out here clearly:  http://www.intelliadmin.com/index.php/2006/09/hide-user-accounts-from-the-windows-xp-welcome-screen/.

Hope that helps

• James Ghiorzi
    • Library Assistant II
    • San Benito County Free Library
    • Hollister, CA 95023
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 12:19 AM