Internal emails are frequently delayed RRS feed

• Question

• On an SBS 2008 network, the internal emails are often delayed rather than arriving straightaway.

Checking the services, the Windows SBS POP3 Connector had stopped, which had previously caused a problem with external emails.

I found the following two errors appearing frequently in the SBS section of the Event Log. 

Log Name:      Microsoft-Windows-Small Business Server/Operational
    Source:        Windows Small Business Server 2008
    Date:          27/04/2010 10:01:28
    Event ID:      208
    Task Category: Windows SBS POP3 Connector
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:     
    User:          LOCAL SERVICE
    Computer:      server.ourdomain.local
    Description:
    The TCP/IP connection with the 'pop3.btconnect.com' server was terminated while trying to access the 'neil@btconnect.com' mailbox. The cause may be server problems, network problems, a long period of inactivity, a connection time limit, or incorrect connection settings.

Log Name:      Microsoft-Windows-Small Business Server/Operational
    Source:        Windows Small Business Server 2008
    Date:          27/04/2010 03:00:45
    Event ID:      207
    Task Category: Windows SBS POP3 Connector
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:     
    User:          LOCAL SERVICE
    Computer:      server.ourdomain.local
    Description:
    The credentials provided for user account "stephen@btconnect.com" on the server "pop3.btconnect.com" are incorrect. Verify the user name and password for this user account.

I have sent an external email through to stephen@ourdomain.co.uk, which comes through an SBS POP3 connector from  stephen@btconnect.com, so it seems an intermittent problem, however, I am mainly concerned why the POP3 Connector service keeps getting turned off.

Thank in advance.

Mike  

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 2:17 PM

Answers

All replies