stability index in Reliability Monitor and performance counter RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a performacne counter in Performance monitor for the stability index.  We have a monitoring application that can pull information from performance counters and I'd like to pull this particular item off of my machines and put it into some reports, but I can't find if there is a counter for this.

RG

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 6:51 PM

Answers

• Hello,

As far as I know, Performance Monitor does not. Only Reliability Monitor includes a stability index.

Reliability Monitor calculates a System Stability Index that reflects whether unexpected problems reduced the reliability of the system. A graph of the Stability Index over time quickly identifies dates when problems began to occur. The accompanying System Stability Report provides details to help troubleshoot the root cause of reduced reliability. By viewing changes to the system (installation or removal of applications and updates to the operating system) side by side with failures (application, operating system, or hardware failures), you can develop a strategy for addressing the issues quickly.

Refer to:

Windows Vista Performance and Reliability Monitoring Step-by-Step Guide
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc722173(v=WS.10).aspx#BKMK_Scen7

Thanks
    Zhang

Thursday, May 10, 2012 2:30 AM