Emails sent to user, come with her address RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have  user that has a very peculiar issue. The emails sent to her arrives with her own email address. So, if I send her an email instead of receiving with my email address she receives with her own. In the desktop alert, it still shows my address, but in the Inbox, it turns to her email address. Never saw something like that.

Please help. Thanks.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 4:30 PM

Answers

• Perhaps too obvious, but have you made sure that her inbox hasn't had the From: column replaced with the To: column?

I haven't seen it with an Inbox before, but I have seen it with other folders occasionally though normally the other way round, eg a sent items subfolder showing from but not to.

Failing that, if you open the email, is the to and from listed correctly or is it wrong there as well? Eg is the issue with the email messages in the inbox, or the way that the inbox is displaying them.

• Proposed as answer by PK M Thursday, January 29, 2015 11:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amy.Wang Sunday, February 8, 2015 1:20 PM
    Tuesday, January 27, 2015 10:50 PM
  • Hi guys,

Thanks for your inputs. Today I went back to the user to check this issue again and when I arrived there, she told that she fixed it. Looks like she was messing around with the Outlook Filters and caused this to happen.

But thanks anyway.

Thursday, January 29, 2015 10:48 AM

All replies

• Perhaps too obvious, but have you made sure that her inbox hasn't had the From: column replaced with the To: column?

I haven't seen it with an Inbox before, but I have seen it with other folders occasionally though normally the other way round, eg a sent items subfolder showing from but not to.

Failing that, if you open the email, is the to and from listed correctly or is it wrong there as well? Eg is the issue with the email messages in the inbox, or the way that the inbox is displaying them.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 10:50 PM
  • Can you also check if User has contacts saved on her name/email address ?

Outlook contacts may also create this!

Pavan Maganti ~ ( Exchange | 2003/2007/2010/E15(2013)) ~~ Please remember to click “Vote As Helpful" if it really helps and "Mark as Answer” if it answers your question, “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. ~~ This Information is provided is "AS IS" and confers NO Rights!!

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 5:05 PM
  • Hi guys,

Thanks for your inputs. Today I went back to the user to check this issue again and when I arrived there, she told that she fixed it. Looks like she was messing around with the Outlook Filters and caused this to happen.

But thanks anyway.

Thursday, January 29, 2015 10:48 AM