none
Customizing people results in results.aspx page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When i search for some content in "allsites scope" i receive some suggestion for people on the right side of the core results.

"I assumed that when we search for document the author or modified users will be displayed".

but the results display with name match.is there any way we can change it?

What relevance model does not the People matches webpart use in results.aspx page?

Thanks,

Sudan

• Edited by Sudan12 Tuesday, February 28, 2012 5:26 PM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 5:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Sudan,

People search has nothing to do with FAST, it's a SharePoint thing.

I suggest you try your luck at sharepoint enterprise search forums.

But for your question, I don't know what relevance model is used, but I guess it's the same as regular people results.

If you'll go the FASTQuerySSA, you'll see "managed metadata", where you can configure which crawled properties to map to which managed properties. I guess that the relevance is according to it.

Amir

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:49 AM
  • The people results you get on the right side of the page comes from the "People Matches WebPart", and as you already noted, this WebPart presents people results matching the user query.

If you want instead to display people results mentioned within the content results, I guess you'll need to create a custom WebPart for that. You could extend the CoreResultsWebPart, capture the XML results returned, parse the XML, and extract people names from properties like "author". Then use thses names as your query for people results in your custom WebPart.

-Nadeem

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 12:28 PM