accessing applications RRS feed

• Question

• I have just installed window steadystate . I have none of the program blocked but user still can not run the applications like microsoft word and etc please help

Friday, January 25, 2008 2:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here!

Before we go any further, I would appreciate your help in clarifying the following questions:

1. What error message was received when this issue occurs?

2. Did this issue occur on administrator account?

3. Where are the problematic programs installed?

As I know, SteadyState has an restriction option: "Allow only programs in Program Files and Windows to run" under Windows Restrictions\General Restrictions. It will prevent us from accessing other location's application. If you have it enabled, please uncheck it to test the result.

Best Regards,

Monday, January 28, 2008 2:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here!

Before we go any further, I would appreciate your help in clarifying the following questions:

1. What error message was received when this issue occurs?

2. Did this issue occur on administrator account?

3. Where are the problematic programs installed?

As I know, SteadyState has an restriction option: "Allow only programs in Program Files and Windows to run" under Windows Restrictions\General Restrictions. It will prevent us from accessing other location's application. If you have it enabled, please uncheck it to test the result.

Best Regards,

Monday, January 28, 2008 2:43 AM
  • I have the same problem even after I change all options to "No Rtestriction" and diable Disk protection. I can not even open Internet Explorer from Quick Launch bar (but from desktop, it works). Why? or did I miss anything? Thanks
    Monday, February 11, 2008 4:30 PM
  •  

Hi,

Please list some programs which cannot be started.

What error message was received?

Did this issue occur on other user profile?

I suspect the problem is related to the user profile. You can create a new user to test.

Regards,

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 5:27 AM
  • there is no error but if you login as a user you can not even see programs . eventhough you have no restriction on the user

only thing that you see after clicking programs are internet exploret , accessories, etc

Arif

Thursday, September 4, 2008 3:39 PM