Taskbar, loses transparency after a while. RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using the RTM version of Windows 7 for a few days now. However i came accros a strange problem, that i didnt see occur in the beta.

After a while of not using the pc running Windows 7, the taskbar loses its transparency. I thought it would be something only occuring on my laptop, however this also occurs on my home pc.

I thought this was just a setting of a energyscheme, but it seems this happening isnt a setting there. Does anybody have any idea how i can disable this?

Thanks in advance,
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 6:23 AM

Answers

• Hi AmpSource,

It is possible certain software installed affects the transparency of the Taskbar. Let's try the following suggestions to see if the issue occurs:

Change the Color intensity: Right click on the Desktop -> Personalize -> Window Color -> Move the Color intensity button to the left -> Save changes.

Uninstall power control related software: If there is any power control related software installed, please uninstall it.

Run Aero Troubleshooter: Go to Start -> Control Panel -> View by: Large icons -> Troubleshooting -> Display Aero desktop effects.

Test in Clean Boot mode

=========

Let’s disable all startup items and third party services when booting. This method will help us determine if this issue is caused by a loading program or service. Please perform the following steps:

1. Click the Start Button type "msconfig" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.

Note: If prompted, please click Continue on the User Account Control (UAC) window.

2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".

Then, restart the computer. When the "System Configuration Utility" window appears, please check the "Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows starts" box and click OK.

Please test this issue in the Clean Boot environment, if the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, we can use a 50/50 approach to quickly narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

In addition, could you please let me know the following information?

-       Does the issue occur in other user accounts?

-       Does the issue occur on the title bar of a opened window?

-       What is the brand and model of your display cards on your computers? Please also let me know the brand and model of your computers.

If it is convenient for you, could you please provide the screenshot of the issue to me?

1. Press the Print Screen key (PrtScn) on your keyboard.

2. Click the "Start" menu, type "mspaint" in the Search Bar and Press Enter.

3. In the Paint program, click the "Edit" menu, click "Paste", click the "File" menu, and click "Save".

4. The "Save As" dialogue box will appear. Type a file name in the "File name:" box, for example: "screenshot".

5. Make sure "JPEG (*.JPG;*.JPEG;*.JPE;*.JFIF)" is selected in the "Save as type" box, click "Desktop" on the left pane and then click "Save".

6. Please upload the screenshot to your SkyDrive at www.skydrive.live.com and let me know the link.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Wednesday, September 9, 2009 2:19 AM
    Friday, September 4, 2009 6:37 AM