none
Visual Reports - An unknown error has occurred. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a x64 Windows 7 machine, running x86 Office 2010 and Project 2010. Why? Because x64 Office is buggy.

Issue that I am having is that running Visual Reports, specifically cash flow report, I get "An Unknown error has occurred. An error occurred and the requested action could not be completed at this time."

Very helpful right? I've tried searching the forum, one topic said to install the SQLServer2008_ASOLEDB10.msi which I did. I also updated Project 2010 to SP1 and still the issue is happening.

Does anyone have a clue how to fix this?

Thursday, May 2, 2013 5:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• Are you selecting the right "level of usage data for the report" because sometimes I saw this message appears when timeframe selected for creating cubes are not correct. Just a cross check.

Sapna Shukla

Thursday, May 2, 2013 6:51 PM
  • Are you selecting the right "level of usage data for the report" because sometimes I saw this message appears when timeframe selected for creating cubes are not correct. WJust a cross check.

Sapna Shukla

I am not a Project user, so can you please explain what "level of usage data for the report" is because even the person using Project doesn't know what you are talking about.
    Friday, May 3, 2013 7:36 PM
  • Refer following link to understand the "level of usage data" option : http://office.microsoft.com/en-in/project-help/create-a-visual-report-of-project-data-in-excel-or-visio-HA101811060.aspx

Sapna Shukla

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 7:50 PM
  • Try below post sp1 hotfix

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2687612

It contains the fix for below issue

•Assume that you open an existing project plan in Project Professional 2010 from Project Server 2010. When you select any kind of Resource Usage report in Visual Reports, you receive an error message that resembles the following:

An unknown error has occurred.
    An error occurred and the requested action could not be completed at this time.

Thanks,
    Kiran K.

Thursday, May 9, 2013 9:51 PM
  • Hi Sapna,

I am facing the same issue of "Unknows Error Occurred" while trying to view Visual reports from MS PRoject 2016 in my desktop.

I have MS Office 2013 Professional Plus installed in my PC.

So far, I have tried changing the Level of Usage and viewing the report but nothing worked. When ever I click on view a report it either throws the "An Unknown Error occurred" or "It just gets stuck and does nothing and later it throws Excel is busy".

Also, I don't see PowerPivot Addin in Excel 2013 in my Com add ins. Does this in any way effect the Visual Reports?

Regards

Agasthya

Friday, October 6, 2017 6:01 AM
  • The PowerPivot add-in will not impact the Visual reports functionality.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book

Friday, October 6, 2017 7:11 AM
  • Hi Agastgya S.P

I indentifed what cause this error in my case.

This error occured after linked a task between my main project and a task in a sub-project.

Then I removed all links and now the Cash Flow report working again.

So, I coudn't fix it, but now i know how avoid it

I hope this could help.

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 2:12 PM
  • Hi Fhorta,

Thanks for the information but sadly i was not able to check your solution as I have left the organization where i was getting this error. If in case i get this error again i will test your workaround and update here.

Regards

Agasthya

agasthya

Thursday, February 14, 2019 11:41 AM
  • Hi Kiran,

I was getting the error in Project 2013 so this hotfix for Project 2010 would not have helped in solving my issue on Project 2013.

Regards

Agasthya

agasthya

Thursday, February 14, 2019 11:42 AM