Vista64 + Intel AHCI + iTunes = :( RRS feed

• Question

• hi all,

trying to run Vista64 with ICH7R in AHCI mode, intel storage matrix manager and iTunes -> results in loads of parity errors and corrupted HD.  i assume this is similar to the raid issues people experience.  anyone had any luck fixing this?  if i run without iTunes it seems fine, if i run without the intel drivers (using the default MS ones) it seems fine as well.
    Sunday, November 25, 2007 2:38 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Thanks for your post!

Please use steps below to check the issue:

1.   Update drivers for the motherboard and other related devices. Check whether the issue will happen.

2.   Stop using iTune for a while. If the problem doesn’t occur again, the problem is very possibly caused by the conflict between iTunes and AHCI. Please contact Apple to report this problem.

3.   If the problem still persists after stopping using iTune, This issue may be caused by the hard drive that is not well supported by AHCI. Please contact Intel to confirm it.

Because AHCI and iTune are both not produced by Microsoft, we are not the best support resource. I hope the steps below may help you to narrow down the problem’s scope.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, November 26, 2007 10:52 AM