Windows 7 doesn't "auto hibernate" even though hibernation through Start menu works perfectly. RRS feed

• Question

• I have gone through many of the hibernation/sleep related threads but none of them match my exact problem and I tried the things there but fruitless. In my case hibernation through Start Menu or even Power Button, which is configured to hibernate, works perfectly. Also sleep and "auto sleep" through Power Options works perfectly. But "auto hibernate" doesn't work. I tested a couple of things -

1. Set sleep to 1 min in Power options.

2. I waited for one minute and as expected the computer went to sleep.

3. Next I Plugged in my USB devices viz. Keyboard, Mouse and an external hard-drive. Waited for 1 minute. It again went to sleep as expected.

I tried the above test with hibernate. But it fails. I have disabled hybrid sleep. It still doesn't work. Computer info: Sony Vaio F Series VPCF135FG laptop.

Sunday, February 13, 2011 11:43 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please change the Hibernate setting in advance power settings. Double-click Hibernate after and set a different time.

A hardware device might be keeping your computer awake. USB flash drives and USB mice are common devices that can keep your computer awake. Therefore, go to update all your drivers and BIOS from the manufacture to check the result.

If the issue persists, find if any hibernation related issue is logged in Event log.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Tuesday, February 22, 2011 7:35 AM
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 9:03 AM