Blue Screen of Death and Sporadic Issues with Wireless Connection RRS feed

• General discussion

• Several months ago my Dell Desktop (Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500) started having wireless connection issues.  The Wireless Adapter (DW1525 (802.11n) WLAN PCIeCard) would just stop working every 10-20 minutes.  My internet connection would drop for about 1-2 minutes.  It got progressively worse since the issue began. I know the issue wasn't due to ISP issues because I have many other wireless devices in my house that did not have wireless Internet connection issues.  I tried many suggestions that I found on other Microsoft forums such as uninstalling\reinstalling the driver, etc, etc.  Just a few days ago I gave up and did a factory restore and re-imaged my system.  My wireless connection has been much better, but it still isn't perfect.  The connection still drops sporadically (maybe once if I am on the Internet for 45 minutes).  It seems like I have to have a lot of traffic flowing for it to stop working.  I've also gotten a BSOD once since I re-imaged which had also happened before that.  I've had probably 4-5 BSODs since I purchased my system in the begining of 2010.  I'm fairly certain the previous ones had something to do with my network adapters because it would happen when I was trying to configure my computer to share things with my TV and Playstation 3.  The most recent BSOD occured randomly - I just woke my computer up from sleep and it coincided with these events:

File System Filter 'FileInfo' (6.1, ‎2009‎-‎07‎-‎13T17:34:25.000000000Z) has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000f4 (0x0000000000000003, 0xfffffa80091aeb30, 0xfffffa80091aee10, 0xfffff80002b89300). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 100711-14929-01.

So maybe there's a resource issue or something on my system is conflicting with something else.  Maybe my wireless connection issues are a symptom of it.  I don't know... Does anyone have any thoughts or know of any steps I can take to make my system work properly?

Saturday, October 8, 2011 12:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

“The bugcheck was: 0x000000f4”

Bug Check 0xF4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION. This indicates that a process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.

From your description, one or more critical processes were terminated when this BSOD occurs.
    You may run Windows 7 in Safe Mode then check whether this problem occurs again, please let me know the result.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Start-your-computer-in-safe-mode
    If the persists, please compress the dump files in the path of C:\Windows\Minidump\, upload the files via SkyDrive and post a link here. Since the dump file contains the detail information about BSOD, we should research these file in order to find the root cause of  BSOD.

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-skydrive?wa=wsignin1.0

Hope that helps

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 5:41 AM