Local printer spooler service is not running RRS feed

• Question

• I have windos7 and I have tried control panel, services.msc, find the spooler right click, click start but I still can not print. Does anybody know how to re-start the spooler on windows7? please help
    Friday, March 12, 2010 11:09 PM

All replies

• First possible fix solution:

Locate to your desktop -> Right-click My Computer -> Select Manage -> Highlight Services and Applications -> Select Service on the right panel and then double-click it-> Find out Printer Spooler option in the right-side list and then double-click to open Print Spooler Properties window -> set the Startup type as “Automatic” and then choose Ok to confirm the operation.

When you have performed the above steps and you receive “Error 3: the system can not find the specified path”, then you will need to perform more steps to fix “the print spooler service is not running” problem:

Open your Registry Editor (Start Menu -> click Run -> type regedit in the blank and press Enter key to open your Registry Editor) -> locate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlset\Services\Spooler -> add new string value ImagePath whose value will be c:\windows\system32\spoolsv.exe. -> check whether there is spoolsv.exe on System 32 folder in your local disk and if you haven’t, you can copy one from another another PC to there. Besides, the print spooler service will depend on Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service so you need to make sure the RPC service has also turned on. -> If you cannot find out the print spooler service at the beginning, then you can export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ CurrentControlset \ Services \ Spooler entry from another computer and then import it into your computer.

Source from: http://blog.teesupport.com/how-to-fix-the-print-spooler-service-is-not-running/
    • Proposed as answer by Dave12cd Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:32 PM
    Monday, August 8, 2011 12:18 PM