Online Defragmentation Not completing RRS feed

• Question

• I am running exchange 2007 and have noticed that online defragmentation is not completing during the default allocated time of 1-5 am. My current database is around 50GB and for the past couple of weeks it always stops at 4:59:59 and states that it will resume during the next maintenance window (event id 704). I also receive event id 9871 at the same time stating that there is an online maintenance overlap, but the only other database that I have is the public database which is very small and it always completes. I can see from my SAN view that the IOPS are consistent during this maintenance window and then drop at 4:59. Do I need to extend the maintenance window? Thanks.
    Wednesday, August 13, 2014 12:01 PM

Answers

• I would.  What I usually recommend is to schedule for the time backups aren't running outside of business hours during the week but then schedule it for the full time from Friday night to Monday morning.  That ought to be long enough for it to complete at least once a week.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Thursday, August 14, 2014 1:44 AM