Microsoft Office 2016 Print View Scroll Bar Issue RRS feed

• Question

• As you can see below, when in print view on Microsoft Office 2016 there are two scroll bars to look through the preview of pages. This is occuring only one computer within the office that I know of, however it has presented quite an issue. The ability to preview your document before printing is no longer convenient with this issue and it happens to all multiple page documents for this user. The zoom feature does not make a difference.  

The scroll bar to the right must be scrolled to get to the next page, then you must use the scroll bar to the left to scroll down further and in order to get to the bottom of the document she must go back and forth between the two many times. This presents a huge issue as we generally use this feature in our office to review documents for client before print. I have eliminated a large amount of the information shown on the screen shot due to confidential nature of our work. 

The whole issue leaves me scratching my head, I think the most because it is only happening on one computer, but also how in the world did this double scroll bar occur. Please help with any advise, links etc.

Thank you!

-Katie

See image at this link as this forum will not allow my upload

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2016-word/mircrosoft-office-2016-print-view-scroll-bar-issue/d8f99f61-7a77-478b-b8a5-dbe67a506f5a

Thursday, July 7, 2016 9:42 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on your description, this problem only appeared in one computer.

First you can try to change a system user profile, and check if it will work fine.

Then you can check the DPI for this computer.

You can also confirm if other programs also get this problem, for example PDF.

I also suggest you try to reinstall Print Driver and repair Office program.

Please try these methods first and I'm glad to help you.

Regards,

Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, July 10, 2016 3:06 PM