Unable to convert music files to aac in iTunes since upgrade to iTunes 10 with Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a month old Toshiba laptop running 64 bit Windows 7. I cannot convert mp3 files to aac in iTunes any longer without iTunes crashing. The conversion utility starts to work and then I get a Windows generated error message informing me that iTunes has stopped working and will need to close. Windows will close the program and notify me if a solution is available. I  both iTunes 10 and the corresponding Quick Time and re-installed them after being certain to remove all installed components. The problem persisted. I created a new user profile for my laptop and re-installed iTunes and the problem persisted. I took my laptop to the Apple store as I was unable to sync my ipod because of this issue. They troubleshooted and found that it's a Windows 7 problem. What should I do? The Apple tech suggested reinstalling Windows 7.
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Thursday, December 9, 2010 3:06 AM Moved to proper forum category (From:Windows Vista Application Compatibility Toolkit)
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 11:30 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can refer to the following artical to repair Windows 7 if it is the root cause:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2255099

As this forum focuses on Windows Vista specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Windows 7 forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, December 10, 2010 11:44 AM