how can i seperate the WSUS updates according to Approval&Status? RRS feed

• Question

• How can i seperate the WSUS updates according to Approval&Status?

There were filled a lot of updates in update's list. They were over 10.000 :(

I want to classify and order by user usage.

Which one must be first precedence point? And which one must be other queue?

Can you put in order?

Thanx a lot.

Greets from Murat.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 12:26 PM

Answers

• Hey Murat,

If I am reading this correctly you can sort in "Windows Serer Update Services". Once you launch that app it will take you to your update services. Click on updates -> all updates. in this window if I want to check the percentage of updates that have been installed I set the approval and status to approved and any. Once that is done I click on the approval view and it sorts all updates view their approval status. Same thing is done for unapproved updates when patch Tuesday arrives.

Is this what you were looking for.

• Proposed as answer by Steven_Lee0510 Wednesday, December 9, 2015 12:15 PM
    • Marked as answer by Steven_Lee0510 Wednesday, December 9, 2015 3:13 PM
    Tuesday, November 24, 2015 1:09 PM

All replies

• Hey Murat,

If I am reading this correctly you can sort in "Windows Serer Update Services". Once you launch that app it will take you to your update services. Click on updates -> all updates. in this window if I want to check the percentage of updates that have been installed I set the approval and status to approved and any. Once that is done I click on the approval view and it sorts all updates view their approval status. Same thing is done for unapproved updates when patch Tuesday arrives.

Is this what you were looking for.

• Proposed as answer by Steven_Lee0510 Wednesday, December 9, 2015 12:15 PM
    • Marked as answer by Steven_Lee0510 Wednesday, December 9, 2015 3:13 PM
    Tuesday, November 24, 2015 1:09 PM
  • Hi Luis,

I'm using WSUS 6.3 version. I want to assign these updates for "Computer and subgroups of Computers" objects. Can i do it best way that you wrote to me?

Or is there any way to assign that classification of update for "Computer and subgroups ofComputers"?

Thanx for your best help for me.

Greets from Murat.

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 8:15 AM
  • Hi,

>>I'm using WSUS 6.3 version. I want to assign these updates for "Computer and subgroups of Computers" objects. Can i do it best way that you wrote to me?

Use "Shift" key to multi-select the updates and approve them to the suitable group.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 12:16 PM