Installation Problem with Security Update for Windows Vista (2620704) RRS feed

• Question

• Windows Update automatically downloaded Security Update for Windows Vista (2620704).  Windoesn Update is continually trying to install it and it repeatedly fails.  As far as I can figure out, this security update if for a x64 based system and my computer is an x86 based PC so it doesn't need it (which is why the install repeatedly fails).  Not sure why Windows Update even downloaded this update in the first place (I have Windows Update set to automatic) it since it is not for my system.

The issue is every time I shut down my computer, it tries to install the update before shutting down.  I know I have the option of just scrolling and selecting shutdown only.  However, this Security Update keeps showing in my Updates Ready to Install list.  Is there some way to remove this download from the Ready to Install list so it doesn't keep showing up in the list.  I could of course, change my Install Updates settings from automatic to one that lets me choose whether or not to install it  so it doesn't repeatedly try to load this update I clearly don't need, but if it all possible, I would really prefer to have my updates automatically install so I don't have to keep checking for them.

Thanks!

Friday, March 16, 2012 12:54 PM

All replies