I have windows 7 and installed skype. It works fine, but I want it gone.....do not know how to use/navigate explorerer RRS feed

• Question

I uninstalled skpe and skype toolbar. When I click on internet explorerer, the new skype window still comes up. can someone PLEASE email me and tell me how to restore my computer to the windows explorerer it had. At least I could navigate in there....
    Saturday, November 13, 2010 12:03 AM

Answers

• Hi rvancel1

It would appear that the program has made itself your Home Page.

Start Internet Explorer, Press the ALT key if the menus aren't showing.

Select the Tools and then the bottom option, Internet Options. The General Tab shows the current Home Page.

Select the "Use Blank" button to rid yourself of the present selection, or overtype the address line with a chosen site. Remember to use the prefix HTTP://WWW...............

One other irritation that might have occurred is a toolbar.

To see these choices, from the Internet Explorer main page, press the ALT key and then select VIEW

When you click on TOOLBARS you will see those available to you with those currently operating (or selected) with a Tick at the side.

To deselect, just click against the entry.

I hope the above assists.

Good luck, Pat

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, November 18, 2010 9:27 AM
    Sunday, November 14, 2010 1:45 PM