none
A error caused by IE??? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Dear Staff,

I've a problem with my PC it's OS is Windows XP SP3, A few days back i re-installed hole system. I installed the Internet Explorer's 7th Version, but again i upgraded it to Internet Explorer's 8th version. but my bro. installed the Mozilla Firefox 20.0. The problem started here, he configured it's functions, by that process The internet explorer showed the Error Like this: "When i Start the IE the Browser automatically downloads the homepage and closes automatically and Mozilla is also Not worked properly". So, i've uninstalled both 2 browsers and installed the Cromeplus(Coolnovo). I set this as my default browser, then i started the cleaning of my PC. I cleaned all contents but once pressed this word Start-> Run-> gpedit.msc, the error shown from Here. when i open this an dialog boxes opened continuesly it shown like this,

In Ist dialog box
    Internet Explorer Error

An Error Occurred in the Script on this Page

Line:
    Char:
    Error:
    Code:
    URL:

Do you want to continue running the scripts on this page?

Then another one box:

Windows Internet Explorer
    An error occurred in this dialog

Error: 54
    Unspecified Error

[OK]

Another one problem is "urlmon.dll" is not found,

How can i fix this probem? :( Please help me...

Saturday, June 8, 2013 9:42 PM

Answers

• Start-> Run-> gpedit.msc, the error shown from Here. when i open this an dialog boxes opened continuesly it shown like this,

In Ist dialog box
    Internet Explorer Error

That may only mean that you don't have that module and then instead of showing you a message to that effect, your request is treated as an Internet search, which would then be done by your default browser.

Another one problem is "urlmon.dll" is not found

In XP you have a tool in msinfo32.exe which allows you to check on the state of all IE related modules.   Run...

msinfo32.exe  /category  IEFileVersions

or, provided you have replacement versions at the XPsp3 level available, you could try using the   sfc  /scannow  command to try repairing whatever is broken without first trying to find out what all needed fixing.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

• Marked as answer by Pavan916 Sunday, June 9, 2013 11:04 PM
    Sunday, June 9, 2013 4:38 PM
  • Sir,
    First of all Thank You for your Help... :)

I Encountered the problems Causing by the "IE"

I Followed these steps by my own Thinks:

1. I downloaded the IE7's hole folder to my pen-drive in another PC,
    2. I started my own PC,
    3. Copied it on the desktop,
    4. Cleared all Temp., Prefetch, Recent Files,
    5. I started the IE7 Normally (in that folder i clicked on the "Iexplore" its started0
    6. Typed in main search tool bar: http://www.google.co.in,  (Its Loaded But its search bar not worked)
    7. Again I typed there as http://www.facebook.com (It asked to update browser for better experience)
    8. Clicked on the IE image, (a few sec. later it opened and i Downloaded the IE8 in IE7) (in other browsers downloading is failed so i tried this)
    9. Then Clicked on the Run, (It's successfully Downloaded into the PC)
    10. Clicked on Install Button
    11. its taken about 50 mins to install in my GPRS connection in 5Kbps speed
    12. Then i Saved all the default settings provided by Microsoft.

Thats all... once again thank you sir...

• Marked as answer by Pavan916 Thursday, June 13, 2013 3:12 PM
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 3:12 PM

All replies

• Start-> Run-> gpedit.msc, the error shown from Here. when i open this an dialog boxes opened continuesly it shown like this,

In Ist dialog box
    Internet Explorer Error

That may only mean that you don't have that module and then instead of showing you a message to that effect, your request is treated as an Internet search, which would then be done by your default browser.

Another one problem is "urlmon.dll" is not found

In XP you have a tool in msinfo32.exe which allows you to check on the state of all IE related modules.   Run...

msinfo32.exe  /category  IEFileVersions

or, provided you have replacement versions at the XPsp3 level available, you could try using the   sfc  /scannow  command to try repairing whatever is broken without first trying to find out what all needed fixing.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

• Marked as answer by Pavan916 Sunday, June 9, 2013 11:04 PM
    Sunday, June 9, 2013 4:38 PM
  • Sir,
    i typed what you said (Run -> msinfo32.exe /category IEfileVersions)

that shown like these .dll (iecont.dll, & iecontlc.dll) files are missing, and one .inf file (ieuinit.inf) is Not Available, sir how can i get them back?

Please Help me...
    • Edited by Pavan916 Sunday, June 9, 2013 11:16 PM
    Sunday, June 9, 2013 11:09 PM
  • (iecont.dll, & iecontlc.dll) files are missing, and one .inf file (ieuinit.inf) is Not Available

Those are normal.   No problem with them.  What about urlmon.dll?   Sounds like the original message you got was bogus, unless you already did something about getting it back?
    Monday, June 10, 2013 4:32 AM
  • Si, I've done the windows file protection scan by typing sfc/scannow (Start-> Run-> CMD-> sfc/scannow) this process has taken 40 mins. to scan, then the dialog box disappeared with no errors, but the Error is still running in gpedit so, how can fix this sir?

• Edited by Pavan916 Monday, June 10, 2013 8:28 PM
    Monday, June 10, 2013 8:27 PM
  • Error is still running in gpedit

Have you decided if you have that module or not?   I gave you a possible explanation for your symptom if you don't have it.   Only certain versions of the OS have it, so it would not be unusual not to have it.

It may help if you told us what you are intending on doing with gpedit.msc if you do have it?

HTH

Robert
    ---

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 12:40 AM
  • Sir,
    12 days back i've reinstalled the OS, and today i've detected 1 more Error when reinstalling the IE7, the message box shown this msg "The latest version of the IE is already Running", But i searched for the IE, then I've seen the IE & clicked on that icon its not opened and a few sec. later A message box opened and it shown that.

[Iexplore.exe - Ordinal not found]
    The Ordianal 650 could not be located in the dynamic link library "iertutill.dll" (without quotes)

[ok]

Sir, What is this Error? and how can i get it back? Please Help me...

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 4:11 PM
  • What is this Error?

Googling   650 iertutil   suggests it is either an inconsistency in your maintenance or a symptom of interference or corruption by malware which causes that.
    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 12:41 PM
  • Sir,

13th Wednesday, I tried One more test, I've copied the IE7 in a Pen-drive, By another PC of my friend. I Run the IE7 in my PC by copying to the PC, It runs but in the search tool bar(Not Main), (Google, bing, Duckduckgo, ask's Search tool bar) I can't Type words in their. I Started IE7 Like this sir:

Opened the Copied Folder -> Clicked On Iexplore -> (a few sec later MSN site is appeared then i clicked on Save settings, then Closed the Iexplore, Again i opened that As same the above) -> In the search tool-bar (typed as http://www.google.co.in) a few sec. later the site appeared on the Desktop, I Clicked on the Google's Search tool bar but that's not worked.

Then I gone to:

• Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Clicked the Restore button. (After Restoring the settings I closed And Restarted the PC and I clicked on the IE (No Add-ons) Its not worked. And i'm Totally Confused,
    • Sir Please help me.. A friend told me On your Mozilla Firefox Go to the Google and search for IE10 For xp and i scold him and told him ie10 for only Win7, win8 and its not for xp sp3, is it right sir?
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 7:03 AM
  • Sir,
    First of all Thank You for your Help... :)

I Encountered the problems Causing by the "IE"

I Followed these steps by my own Thinks:

1. I downloaded the IE7's hole folder to my pen-drive in another PC,
    2. I started my own PC,
    3. Copied it on the desktop,
    4. Cleared all Temp., Prefetch, Recent Files,
    5. I started the IE7 Normally (in that folder i clicked on the "Iexplore" its started0
    6. Typed in main search tool bar: http://www.google.co.in,  (Its Loaded But its search bar not worked)
    7. Again I typed there as http://www.facebook.com (It asked to update browser for better experience)
    8. Clicked on the IE image, (a few sec. later it opened and i Downloaded the IE8 in IE7) (in other browsers downloading is failed so i tried this)
    9. Then Clicked on the Run, (It's successfully Downloaded into the PC)
    10. Clicked on Install Button
    11. its taken about 50 mins to install in my GPRS connection in 5Kbps speed
    12. Then i Saved all the default settings provided by Microsoft.

Thats all... once again thank you sir...

• Marked as answer by Pavan916 Thursday, June 13, 2013 3:12 PM
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 3:12 PM