none
Power Query Errors RRS feed

• Question

• I consistently receive an "Out of Memory" error when I attempt to merge 2 queries in Power Query version 2.18.3874.242 (32-bit).  I upgraded to the latest version 2.20.3945.242 (32-bit) and I now receive the error "Unable to cast object of type 'System.Int32' to type 'System.String'." for the same merge.  There are no integers in either dataset.  In addition, the evaluation to determine matched rows is successful in the earlier version, but fails in the newer version.

I have switched back to the earlier version as it did work at one time.

I would appreciate any insight you can provide.

Thanks!

• Moved by L.Hl Tuesday, March 17, 2015 8:30 AM
    Sunday, March 15, 2015 8:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

This is the forum to discuss questions about Microsoft Excel develop. For your question is not about Excel develop, I am moving this issue to the TechNet forum for Power Query

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards

Lan

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 8:29 AM
  • Could you please "send a frown" when this happens so that we can see the queries and data sources that triggered the problem?
    Tuesday, March 17, 2015 11:20 AM
  • This was Power Query using the Excel Add-In.
    Tuesday, March 17, 2015 7:01 PM
  • Hi Jeanine,

Do you still get this issue after installing the latest Power Query update?

Regards,

Michael Amadi

Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to vote it as helpful :)

Sunday, April 19, 2015 12:21 PM