Move lists to subsite RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

is there a way to move a couple of sharepoint lists of one site to a subsite of the same sharepoint server. (MOSS2007)

I know, I could export the lists to spreadsheets and import the list on another location, but I have the problem, that these lists are linked to each other (on list is a lookup for a field in another list)

When I import/export these links will be lost, won't they?

Thanks

Tstrob

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 9:27 AM

All replies

• tstrob,

I'm facing the same question now.  There are products out there that claim they can do it.  But there doesn't appear to be any out-of-the-box abilities in MOSS or SharePoint Designer to do this.  This is really a shortcoming of MOSS if you ask me.  If you happen upon something, please post it.

Thursday, April 19, 2007 7:01 PM
  • Have you tried to save list as template?

This is under the Settings and Management part of List Settings.

You save the list to a  file, then import the file into the target site using the top level Site Settings List Template Gallery.

You can include content as in the list template.

Thursday, April 26, 2007 3:25 AM
  • Thank you for the reply Leroy.  Yes, I figured this out.  I actually saved it as a template w/o content.  I created the list from the template in the target sub-site.  Then I went to Site Content and Structure under Site Administration of the source sub-site and did a Copy of the list to the target site.
    • Proposed as answer by Karim El Zarka Thursday, August 13, 2015 12:51 PM
    Thursday, April 26, 2007 1:21 PM