Restoring Exchange Data from DPM-2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts.

I did all tests about DPM-2010 with Exchange server 2007 and its working fine. Backup and restoration all processes. After succesfull testing I pushed in Live and configured protection group for SCC.

All restoration points are created/creating successfully. Now I want to check the data restoring/copying on network location (This option is available so Im doing it).

My questions are :

1. What will be impact on live user's data (First Storage group and Public) if I restore using latest restoration point on Network share to check. Will that data (live users) will be modified as we are not restoring on exact location?

2. Can't we resolve Inconsistent Replica message after restoration. I copied eseutil.exe and another dll file inside BIN folder of DPM. checked VSS writers and no issues. DPM Access manager is also running in services.msc console. I want DPM to fix this issue.

Regards Suman B. Singh
    Monday, December 19, 2011 10:33 AM

Answers

• Hi SUman,

1. when you restore to a network share then that have nothing to do with the actual Exchange DB.

2. When you restore a database it will not be incosistance. You have to run the consistency check to update DPM DB.

Hope that help,

Laith.

If you found this helpful please mark it as an answer!

Monday, December 19, 2011 1:01 PM